5 Reasons why you should add private lessons to your jiu jitsu journey.
Everyone knows that BJJ private lessons are available at every single school with pretty much every teacher, but most people don’t take them because they can be quite pricey.
However, it’s not just a matter of money, it’s a matter of prioritization. As with any expensive purchase, if you want it badly enough, you can find ways to afford it.
This quick list is meant to help bump those of you who are indecisive about making the investment in some private lessons. It doesn’t have to be weekly, it can even be once a month, but either way the benefits can be very useful.
1. You get an instructor’s full attention. Sure, group classes are great because you get to train with all sorts of different people. However, with that benefit comes a major down side; a good teacher has to divide his time as fairly as possible between everyone in the class. So if you’re in a school full of 30-50 people per class, you’re going to have a hard time getting the most attention out of your professor. That’s why having his full attention in a private session for 30 min to an hour is really valuable.
2. Learn as much deep detail as needed.Another thing that’s great about private lessons is that you can take the time to dissect certain details that you would never have the chance to really get into in regular classes. As many people know, jiu-jitsu is all about detail, a slight angle change in any position can make a world of difference. So this is your chance to really get the details that your game has been missing.
3. Customizable help. Usually, in regular classes, your professor does not take individual questions – there is a program that is followed and everyone sticks to it, and sure, you can ask your professor questions about what he/she is demonstrating, but you won’t have the chance to really look into your own game. In a private lesson, it’s all about you. You can write down a list of items that have been frustrating you and you can really work out those personal techniques you’ve been thinking about.
4. Get rolling time with your professor. Another benefit of getting undivided attention is that you can get to roll with your teacher during your private lesson. A lot of teachers like to roll with their students during the regular group classes, however, in larger classes it will almost be impossible for the instructor to really get a chance to be with everyone. A private lesson will guarantee time where you can test yourself against your teacher and have him/her analyze your game better by feeling you roll.
5. Time flexibility. Do you have a scattered work schedule? Can’t make it to as many classes as you’d like because of it? Well, a private lesson can be booked when it’s convenient for both you and your professor. Even if your professor has a tight schedule, your options are still better – you can book an extra quality training session whenever possible.
Call today and schedule a private lesson . Interested in jiu jitsu? Schedule an introductory free private lesson. 772-213-3521